Sunday, December 10, 2006

A Terrible Loss



Imagine that you've lost your most precious and prized possession. Write one paragraph about what the item was, and why it was special to you; a second paragraph about how you lost the item; and a third paragraph about how you felt when you realized the item was missing.

12 comments:

TWiLA* said...

The item that i lost was my computer. It was in my room when i was going school and when i went home it was gone! My computer is important to me because i like going on it and playing games, i have important stuff in there, my documents and pictures.
I dont really know how i lost it because i was gone when it dissapeared.
When i lost it i felt guilt because i knew i should have locked my room when i was going to school and i feel sad about all my work that had been lost. Also, i felt i couldn't live with out it.

Ulurilnguq said...

The special item I lost was a necklace with a cross on it. In fact two necklaces. The second cross was from my grandma and my second one I can't remember.
One day in Anchorage I was in a waterpark called H2Oasis. I put it in a hiding spot where I can remember where I get it. Later on I was done swimming I forgot it and there was noway of getting it back, forever.
I felt a lot of things: sad, anger, worry, terror, and panic. I wanted to get it back but I couldn't.

christopher said...

My prized possession was my red Real guitar pick that came with a little guitar all the way from Mexico. My sister bought for at an expensive price. The reason I liked that pick was because I play better and faster with it.
I haven't used my pick for awhile or played the guitar. I was too busy doing other things not paying attention to such a small thing.
After i realized it was lost and irreplaceable I didn't know what do except to act like nothing happened and go on with other things.

Miranda said...

My most precious thing I've lost was my special digital camera. It was special to me because It would zoom in and do other things.
When I was playing games with my friends, I put it on the candy machine, then I forgot all about it, then we left the building. While we were heading back to the hotel, I just remembered that I left it and when we went back to go get it, it was missing, so I went to go ask the worker who worked at the store, but then he told me that he didnt see any camera around the game room.
How I felt after that, was... umm.. I felt so bad myself because I didnt even think of my camera that time...

Georgiann said...

The special item that I lost was my earing that my aunty gave me and it was special because she made it for me.
I lost one side of my earing when me and my friend was playing with those people who were playing out. I noticed that my earing was missing when I checked to see if they were there.
I started whinning when I lost one side and I started to look for them. I asked my friends if they saw one side of my earing and all of them said that they didn't see it. so I just left my other side of the earing and kept the other.

>Lee said...

My most prized possession is the Digital Video that my dad got me from Anchorage. It is special to me because I take pictures and mini movie clips to put on the computer and let it be saved. Those pictures and clips gives me memories from what or when it was.
When I was about to take a picture of someone special I had put it on something when the phone rang. I went back to take the picture but I had forgotten where I had put it on.
I felt very sad because my dad had bought it and it costed a lot. I was so scared I had to look for it when everybody went to bed. The End!!

Anonymous said...

My prized was my gold watch. That gold watch was special to me because my grandpa gave it to me when I was a year old. He said that he got it for himself when the civil was going on. The gold watch had an old look to it and it was like 2 pounds. It had many dents on it because of the rough handling. Now I keep it in a case that protects it from any damage.

I lost it when I brought it to my grandma’s house. I thought that I could show it off to my cousins so they can see how it looks like now. I think that when we were coming back home, that I put it down before we left to the airport. I waited till we went to our house before I called my grandma to look for it.

When I realized that the watch was missing, I was scared that I would lose a thing that I would watch over and hand down to my descendants. I knew that the watch costed a lot of money, so I hoped that no one would steal it or take it for his or her own.

yupik_scorpio said...

Last week, my most prized possession, a five mega-pixel, three hundred-dollar camera, disappeared like a Twinkie on our dinner table. I used that camera to capture the silly, funny, scary, special, and precious moments of the people around me. I treated it tenderly, with much care like a new mother that just brought a baby home. It is a wonder how I lost that beloved camera of mine.
After my cute little cousin’s fifth birthday party I placed my camera on the crowded shelf just left of the stove. I was helping my sister clean up the messy house, picking up trash, empty plates, and cups from the rooms. As I was lazily heading for the kitchen wanting to take the last couple of pictures of the night, my mother told me to wash the dishes. Unenthusiastically, I turned toward the piled dishes in the sink and tackled them before I got told twice. Exhausted, I walked back to the couch thinking I’ll go home after I take a short nap. I took an eight-hour nap, waking up at six o’clock in the morning. I was upset with myself for letting myself go to sleep so early and also mad at my family for not waking me up before they went home. I got up from the couch and put my coat and outerwear on. While heading out of the house, I remembered my camera was sitting on the shelf waiting for me to pick it up. But when I reached for the camera, all I felt was processed wood. I panicked and picked up a chair to look farther in the overcrowded shelves. To my disappointment and anger, I didn’t find my camera. Since everyone was sleeping I didn’t want to wake them up at six-thirty in the morning and ask them if they saw where my camera mysteriously walked away to.
I was really angry and miserable at the fact that I lost that camera. I love taking pictures and I couldn’t do that anymore. I was trying and trying to find the camera. No one in that household said they didn’t see anyone take it or saw it in the house. Maybe I misplaced it or I didn’t put it in that shelf after all. I don’t have any idea where exactly it is. All I know is that I don’t have a camera anymore. That alone makes me angrier than an honor student receiving a C in a class.

Anonymous said...

My favorite and most precious bracelet that my grandmother gave to me before she left this world got lost. It is so precious to me because the bracelet is the only item I had from her and it was my grandmother’s also it was her mother’s bracelet.

I guess I lost the bracelet when I was in another village for basketball. I remember taking it of before we played against the Hawks but I don’t remember putting it.

When I got back from Nunapitchuak I found out that I wasn’t using my bracelet and I looked in my duffel bag. It wasn’t in the bag and I started wondering where I put it. I was so sad that I was getting mad and I wanted to call to Nunapitchuak but I was embarrassed.

Elizabeth C said...

When I was a little girl, I had a beautiful blonde barbie doll, who came completet with a pink-seashell makeup kit. It was tiny, with a little brush so I could put the blue eyeshadow and pink blush on my Barbie Doll.

One day, I went looking for the makeup, but I couldn't find. I looked everywhere--in the closet, under the bed, behind the couch. But it was gone! I blamed my friend and told her I thought she stole it. I was convinced that she stole my Barbie's makeup, just to be spiteful.

I feel terrible about it now, realizing that it was probably my carelessness that caused the pink sea-shell to be lost. I can't believe I blamed it on someone else. That is definitely not something I am proud of.

Bebum said...

This item was a precious gift my grandfather had given me a couple years after my dad passed away. This item was a golden eagle feather that was blessed in an Aleut way. My dad was an Aleut so my feather was blessed my dad's way. When my grandfather gave me the feather my aunty told me that it was a golden eagle’s tail feather and the woodpecker’s tail feather. They told me that it means a lot to them, so it means a lot to me too.
I lost the feather when I was packing my stuff to move out of the village. I know I had put it in one of my boxes but when I was un-packing at my new house it was GONE!! I couldn’t believe that it was gone. But my first thought was that I forgot to pack it in my stuff. But then, when I asked my mom she told me that I had packed it my green box. Then I realized that my green box was missing. Because it was so important to me I had my mom call the airlines and tell them that I lost the box.
I felt bad when i lost my feather and I cried all night.

Anonymous said...

It was precious to me because it costed a lot of money. It was my three hundred dollar digital camera and it could do pictures and movies.
I don't really know how i lost it because i wasn't really paying attention to the camera because i forgot about it.
when i realized the item was missing i got scared beause it was my christmas present from my dad and i was scared to tell him that i lost it.